Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Thousand Barefoot Children Outside

    Finishing up the last full day here in Rwanda. In the middle of packing. Thelonious Monk and Soulive are keeping me going during this process.


    Today we rehearsed with some theater students from the Kigali Institute of Education, and planted our seeds for the show we will be created over the next few months. It was great working with peers who don't think like Americans. Every time they would give ideas and collaborate with us my "brain jaw" would drop to the floor. These men and woman (there was only one girl) are brilliant. I wish we had another two weeks to spend with them creating a work of art.

    I could write a book on the dinner we had tonight. More info on that as soon as I can digest everything. I ate the best fish and avocado I will probably ever eat. Well, I take that back. It sits even with Jaques fish in Haiti. But nothing will touch that avocado.

    I'll be posting a big recap and will talk more about dinner tonight when I get stateside. I plan on doing a lot of writing/sleeping on the plane ride home tomorrow. So don't leave yet.

The group, minus Eve and I





No comments:

Post a Comment