Monday, January 7, 2013

Packing The Tech

    As I finish packing for Rwanda I came to realize something. I am bringing quite a bit of technology with me. I have traveled all over the world and I bring very little technology with me. I usually only bring my phone (which never works where I am going) and my iPod (because all I do is listen to music).
   I was in Haiti last week and brought my laptop, which I think I only used once, to book a new flight to New York City because we got stuck in 8 hours of traffic heading to the airport. When I am in the states I am always attached to some sort of technology. I am always on Facebook, Twitter, music forums, technology forums, etc. I am a web master for PhanArt so when I'm not posting new art there, I have involved myself with finding new phan art to post on our site, which involves quite a bit of time scouring the internet. Being a technical theater major, I am often found hunched over my laptop doing research and working on my designs when I have a show to work on. I love technology and have surrounded myself with it on purpose.
    The only time I'm not glued to it is when I'm traveling.  I do that on purpose. I love traveling so much because it allows me to step away from all of that stuff and take in the basics that the world has to offer, such as the amazing people, animals, and landscapes. When I was in Haiti last week I took it upon myself to grab my brothers Canon T4i and shoot some photos. I did this because I am traveling to Rwanda with a Nikon D3100 and a Holga 120N and a few rolls of film (I know, film, right?!) and my laptop so I can keep up with this blog while over there. This is stepping out of my comfort zone in a big way, using so much technology while in a foreign land. Although I say this, I am extremely excited to be able to take photos while there so I can document my travels in a medium that I love so much.
    Tomorrow morning I fly to DC to meet up with the rest of the crew.  

   Very soon the majority of this blog will consist mainly of photography as I am certain that I can speak better that way.

   Here is some Soulive:

No comments:

Post a Comment